Friday, August 8, 2008

We love you Grandma Tubbs!!!


Well, we got home off our trip on Wednesday. We had a great time and I will write more about it later. Yesterday we received the news that Jared's grandma passed away. It was pretty sudden and unexpected. Grandma had a stroke on Wednesday night and wasn't able to recover from it. How grateful we are that we were able to see her and spend some time with her just last week.

Grandma Tubbs was a wonderful woman who ALWAYS put her family first. She was there for all the athletic events, basketball, soccer, and tennis of course. She loved watching her family play sports; in fact the first time I met Grandma Tubbs was at a tennis match. Jared and I were dating and he was playing mixed doubles with his mom. Grandma Tubbs was there to cheer on her daughter and grandson. We chatted away the whole match. I remember her saying after the match that we were like old friends. Right from the begining she welcomed me into the family and I became her granddaughter.

One of Jared's fondest memories of his grandma was when she taught him to golf at Heise Golf Course. For those of you who know Jared, you know how much he loves to golf. Grandma and Grandpa used to go golfing with their friends every week. I wish we would have gone golfing with them like we always talked about.

We have so many fun memories of our grandmother, and we will always remember her love for us and how much she loved the Lord. She loved her mission that her and grandpa served. She served many people throughout her life. Many will remember the spirit she would bring with her singing. She had a beautiful voice. We love her and will miss her as she continues her eternal journey and we are comforted by the knowledge that we will see her again someday. WE LOVE YOU!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Grandma Tubbs. She must have been a very special lady to inspire such love. I'm so sorry for your loss.