Friday, September 19, 2008

"funny" story

Well, I was informed by my sister that it has been awhile since I blogged; I haven't really had any blog worthy news really. Melody thinks the kids are full of funny stories everyday, however her idea of a funny story is one where my sassy two-year-old has me pulling out my hair. If you go by her definition of "funny" then I guess we are full of "funny" stories. So here is one for you Melody.

The other day Bentli was watching cartoons on my bed while I was making dinner. When I informed her that dinner was ready and she needed to come and eat with us she gave me the usual protests. I let her know that she should come or have to sit in time out for not obeying me. I got the following response:

"MOM, I am going to SHUT the door. I will LOCK the door and you will NEVER, NEVER come in!"

How do you respond to that? I just had to hold back the laughter and tell Jared to go get her. Well, I hope you enjoyed that Melody, just you wait until you have kids!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I LOVE Bentli's spunk! I can love it as a bystander but I'm sure at times it's exhausting for you. Bentli is so smart, so courageous, she's going to be a leader. She has that "it" quality. I know big things are on the horizon for her.

Melinda said...

Yes, I feel your "fun" the other day I didn't respond the way Sammi wanted me to and proceeded to tell me "You don't say that to me, young lady!" I had to turn around so she wouldn't see me laugh.