Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mom, Jesus Loves Me



Bentli has been talking about Jesus a lot lately and it brings tears to my eyes with all the simple truths that she already knows. The other day, upon seeing a picture of Jesus she looked at me an said, "Mom, that is Jesus Christ. Jesus loves me."
I replied, "Yes, he does"
"Mom, does Jesus love you?"
"Yes, he loves me too. Jesus loves everyone"
"Yeah, I love Jesus too."

I know that I have not taught her these important principles on my own. The primary program and patient, loving nursery leaders have contributed so much to her life. They have helped to teach her that she is a Child of God and that our Heavenly Father loves her, this is such a simple truth, yet so important for everyone to have a knowledge of. Not everyone has been taught this and my heart is filled with gratitude for all the help and love of friends to help instill this knowledge in my daughter's life. I could go on and on with thanks to everyone we know and the positive impact that they each have had in our lives. After that simple, yet profound conversation with my little girl I knew that I had to thank all our family and friends for the many ways in which they bless our lives. Thank you!!

3 comments:

Tyler & Michelle said...

So sweet. Children do listen to what they are taught and they sure do catch on and realize it!

Erica Bazil said...

That is the sweetest!

Melinda said...

Definitely! We have been using the new Nursery Manual at home for FHE for nearly a month now and Sammi talks about the gospel truths for days and weeks after the lesson is given, and we really only take about 5 minutes to do them. Sammi's favorite phrase is "Jesus knows the right way for me" and she always talks about Jesus "shining up" we're still not sure exactly what she's referring to....lol I love kids this age! Are you coming to Pocatello for any of the holidays?