Friday, September 4, 2009

Eleven states and 1780 miles

Wow it has been a whirlwind of events these last few months! I always had a ready excuse for not posting on the blog, but now that we are moved and FINALLY have Internet, I am out of excuses.
Our family has, as Bentli puts it, "been on an adventure." Jared got into Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine (located in Philadelphia). We are excited to embark on this stage of our lives as we enter back into the poor student category. It was hard to move from San Antonio and all the wonderful friends/family we have there! Texas has a way of working itself into your heart. So, after many tears, we packed up the Uhaul and made the "adventure-journey" to the east coast.
We drove through eleven states (Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey) granted a couple states we were in for only a few miles, totalling 1780 miles. My mom helped us make the drive and stayed for a week to help us get settled in, it was wonderful having her with us. The drive was long and Tate learned a new word- "moooooov" which is movie, he really drags out the "o" sound. He also learned "stop" for when Bentli was annoying him. It was pretty funny, when Bentli would mimic his yells he would point at her and yell "stop, stop, stop!" They did really well in the car, thanks to Grandma and the fun games and surprises that she brought.
Although Jared goes to school in Philly, we are living in Lindenwold, New Jersey. After living in the vast state of Texas it is weird to live in a place where Jared crosses the state line daily. He is able to take the train into school so it isn't to bad of a commute. We are renting a townhouse and the kids are loving the extra space. After a couple days, we went and bought a GPS, it is great to have! And I don't think I will complain about Utah drivers again, people here drive crazy!
I will try to get some pics from everything up on Sunday. We are missing everyone and are ready for any visitors!!

11 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm so glad you posted on your blog!!! It is wonderful to hear of your "adventures." We miss you guys terribly. Can't wait to see your pictures. I know Kaiya and I will check your blog very often!

Min said...

So glad you got there and are moved in. We miss y'all! We're counting the years until Jared is done so you can move back.

Amy S said...

So happy to see you have rejoined the blogging world:) I am glad the trip went smoothly and you got there safely. We miss you guys, our Sundays are not quite as exciting anymore. Bentli and Tatum are so funny, I can just hear him telling Bentli to stop haha.

Kristen said...

Glad you finally posted, we have been wondering how you were settling in. Abigail talks about Bentli all of the time. She wants to send her pictures she has colored for her, so you will have to email me your new mailing address. We miss you! Tiffany (from my Mom's blog account.)

Camille Hammond said...

We miss you! I'm glad you made it there okay. I'm anxious to hear how it's going.

Melinda said...

Wow! That's wonderful!!! Jared is now the second person I know to start out with dentistry in mind and the switch to podiatry, that's sweet! I remember when the group, Rockapella came to BYU-I and they had never been to Idaho before and not much out west in general. They said that it was weird to them that the further out west they got, the more area each state takes up. So glad you got there safely!! Please let us know when you are in Pocatello next, I miss you guys!!

Becky said...

Here's to the Spicers and the fun that we have had...
Now that Jared is back is school he will be so rad!
We miss you guys and wish you well,
Now have lots of fun in New Jersey ;)
We love you guys
The Platts

Erica Bazil said...

I had no idea you guys were moving - truly, what an adventure. So how long will Jared be going to school there? I hope all goes well for you. What a journey - in more way than one :) Good luck!

Zoey said...

I have actually been to Pittsburg and let me tell you - it is insane. One lane tunnels that make a complete corner, one lane bridges, narrow roads, it's crazy to drive. I hope that this adventure is a good one for you!!!

The Ortiz Family said...

I am so sorry I didn't get to see more of you the last few days. I was busy trying to finish off my summer school semester. I will send you tamales for Christmas if you keep in touch and send me an address. Hopefully you still have my email address. Give those beautiful kids a kiss from us. Bella and Sebastian say Hello to Bentil and the baby.

Tyler & Michelle said...

I am still waiting for you to come back....