Three months ago Teagan was born and in the same day taken from us. How can three months seem so short and so long ago? It seems like she was just barely nudging my tummy while I listened to her heart on the monitor. But it seems like forever ago that the 'old' Jennie left and this 'new' person took her place. And how is it that the 'new' person seems so much more beat up and broken than the 'old' one?
4 comments:
Beat up and broken. Couldn't say it any truer. Beat up and broken with no way to fix it. It's weird to think back on the person I was before Ella. I almost think myself naive.
The only thing I can say is I'm so grateful for the temple. It's the only place where I feel like we're together as a family.
I didn't realize that "our dates" were the same. August 9th was the day my son died :(
It is still so fresh for you, I am so sorry that you are feeling this pain ((Hugs))
Jennie, you and your tender feelings about being separated from Teagan are the epitome of a Mother's love and the Love of our Savior. " let the children come unto me " You are changed forever; however, that change will eventually lift your heart and spirit, if given time to process your pain and temporary separation. Continue to be her Mom and write your thoughts about her growth away from your family. Your Motherly walks and talks will continue in a different format that only Mother's and might I add Father's , have that have had their children taken from them too soon and never prepared for the loss. Our family loves you and prays for your heart to heal one day at a time and one tear and one smile and one prayer at a time. xoxo Steph
I totally think I was SO naive before this happened. Although I like the perspective I feel I now have, most days I would trade it for things working out just fine and being the old me. ;)
Post a Comment