Monday, March 26, 2012

Lucky Birthday #6

St. Patty's Day is always great fun at our house. Doubly so, because our Bentli was born on this lucky day! I can't believe she is six already. She has been waiting for the the big '6' for awhile now. Since she turned 4, she talked constantly about turning the big amazing age of 6. We had a lot of fun that day. I normally make a big green breakfast for St Patty's Day, but I made a big breakfast the day before, so we hit Micky-D's. They were pretty pumped to go out for breakfast. We came home and opened presents. She got lots of fun gifts, spoiled girl!




Springfield township has a huge St. Patty's Day parade. It was CrAzY! There were people everywhere! But it was lots of fun, lots of green and fun Irish music.

This year we cut out the big parties. As much as I love getting together with friends on these special days, it was getting to be just too much. Growing up, I loved having small family parties. Plus, my kids were getting too spoiled and expecting too much. Bentli did invite one friend over to have dinner and cake with us. We were very glad Ashley could come and celebrate with us!

Bentli's birthday dinner consisted of chicken pillows (chicken roll-ups), corn on the cob, and green milk.

I like to make fun cakes for their birthdays. This year, I sat Bentli down and we scrolled pinterest to find a fun cake. Her decision: one with tall candles. Really? Nice and easy! I decided to dress it up with a banner. I used a recipe for a key lime cake with key lime cream cheese frosting. The frosting was awesome, the cake was okay. Bentli was happy with it.



We all had a fun day celebrating this big day with Bentli. She is one amazing girl, we are so blessed to have her in our family!

6 comments:

Alesha said...

How fun that her bday is on St patty's! She looks JUST like you!

Unknown said...

HAPPY BiRTHDAY BENTLi! She is more beautiful every time I see her. I can't believe she is six. I hope she had a great day. P.S. The cake is ADORABLE! Good job Jennie!

Amy said...

She is such a doll!

What a fun day. Happy Birthday Bentli! (belated)

Amy S said...

I can't believe she is already six!! Where does the time go? Happy Birthday Bentli!!

brigette said...

She is so cute!! Happy birthday sweet Bentli. I love the cake you made her! What a great mama you are!

Ashley said...

She is such a beautiful girl! That cake is amazing!

Looks like she had a wonderful birthday. I think small parties are the best because I can really focus on their special day :)