Friday, July 6, 2012

Craft Night


 I finally completed the first batch of wraps for the hospital.  And my 'I', I mean 'we'.  I had some wonderful neighbors and friends come over and we busted a bunch of wraps out.  We were able to accomplish a lot that night and my neighbor Krista and I were able to finish it all up.  We were able to make 82 wraps so far!  I am so excited. 

I have received a couple more donations and so will be one last trip Joann's next week to buy fabric.  I might have to beg a couple more friends to come and help out with the last batch of wraps.  I have been so truly humbled by the generous donations that people have made.  I think I cry every time I get a donation or see the projects people are working on for it.  I am so incredibly grateful for the kind hearts of so many people.



Sherrie and Krista... slaving away
Mary Jane was so great to pin for us
Emily sewing away!



My sweet friend Dani, made and sent these sweet little diapers all the way from Hawaii!  They are so tiny.  I love the card that comes with each diaper.






11 comments:

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

You're amazing to do something so special for others who may feel our pain. These look wonderful and you know these families will be forever grateful for your donations and hard work. These diapers are the sweetest little things I have ever seen too. Emerson's preemie diaper was HUGE so the families that receive theses will be even more grateful. You're and inspiration to me and I am sure to so many others.

Clark's said...

I'm glad to help! Wouldn't have missed it!

Unknown said...

Great JOB!!!!! love them :)

M and N Tenny said...

Such an awesome way to honor Teagan's memory! The wraps are beautiful.

Alesha said...

Oh those little blankets and diapers are ADORABLE! I wish I could sew! I would sew up a gazillion if I could sew straight line! :)

Alesha said...

Instead I donated. Hope it's in time. :)

Amy S said...

I love those teeny diapers. My mia maid class made a few wraps for our service project, they are not the prettiest but hopefully you can still use them. I'll get them sent asap. Love ya Jen!

brigette said...

I love this!!! I to wish I could sew but since I cannot hopefully the donation will help even though its not much :). You are doing awesome things!! Big hugs mama!

Myk said...

Those diapers are so precious!

Amishka said...

That is an amazing project. I have a sewing machine but truthfully I'm not very good at sewing. I probably won't make you deadline for this year but I'm going to try to get some done for you. I know how much it means to me to receive books for the book drive so I need to do the same for you. Can you email me a link to instructions?

Ashley said...

How do I make a donation, would LOVE to contribute!!??

Such a wonderful thing you are doing in honor of your beautiful daughter!