Monday, July 7, 2008

Our new blog!


Well, I finally was able to get a blog set up (thank you Jodi)! Now I just have to keep it updated, we'll see how that goes.

I have been adjusting to having a second child to take care of and
Bentli has been right there helping me mother little Tate. She is very proud of her brother and lets everyone know that Tate is hers. I am getting better at getting two kids ready, even though I am a mess half the time. They keep me busy and things get hectic, but we enjoy life.

Bentli is a social butterfly! The highlight of her week is nursery on Sunday, she loves her friends. She is an active little girl with a mind of her own and an attitude that gets her in time out. The other day she even put her baby doll in time out. She said, " Mom, my baby's in time out" when asked why, she replied, "she didn't listen to me." I think she has heard that a few times! Bentli has been a joy to have, she has a very sweet side that loves to hug and kiss!

Tatum is a growing baby boy! He weighed 16 1/2 lbs. at his 4 mo. checkup. His height was in the 90th percentile. I am amazed at how fast he is growing. He has rolled over from his stomach to his back. He is getting a cute little personality too, he smiles a lot and has an adorable laugh. I try to enjoy my baby cause I know he will be a little kid before I know it.

Jared is busy, busy, busy at work. Enterprize loves him and he is doing very well at his job. The long hours are bummer and motivate him to get into dental school. He is able to get in some fun between working and studing. He was just moved up a level in tennis, hopefully the 4.5 level will give him more of a challenge.

As for me, my life rotates around my precious children. I miss my sleep and hope to have uninterupted sleep again someday! I love being a mommy, but I do have a night each week when I can go hit the tennis ball child-free. Luckily, I have some great friends down here in Texas and we have some fun. We are looking forward to coming home to visit at the end of the month! And, yea, Jared gets to come this time! So, that is a brief update on us and hopefully there will be many posts to come!

7 comments:

Amy S said...

I'm so glad you started a blog. Its so fun to hear whats going on and see pictures. I should do a lot better and just pick up the phone and call! I am just too darn lazy I guess, I will get better. I like your blog name, very cute!

Jodi said...

Welcome to the club!! You're blog looks great. You have to update it often so that I'll have something to read during Kaiya's naps.

Great job!

Morgan said...

It took me a long time to decide to set up a blog. Now that I have one I update it more frequently than I thought I would. Here's to blogging!

Melinda said...

Bentli and Sam would LOVE each other-Sam has done the SAME THING with her dolls. And any time she hears a kid crying she says "They're crying because they have a time out" and I ask why they have one and she replies "They didn't listen to their teacher"

PLEASE let us know when you'll be here, we would LOVE to see you guys again! Who knows, maybe my hand will be healed enough to play some tennis, we'll see, but what I'll be able to do will be pretty wretched....

Anyway, I can't believe how grown up Bentli is looking and how cute Tatum, is, his hair is darling. And I love Jared's expression in the pic too, it made me laugh. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

Thomas said...

I love your blog! You're little Tate is darling! Ashton weighed 16 lbs at his six month check, but he is in the 10% for his height. Poor little guy. Just like his mommy and daddy. You have such a cute little family! I look forward to checking your blog and staying updated on how things are going with you. Yeah!

Laura said...

YAY! I am so glad you started a blog! It's lots of fun if not a tad time consuming - but well worth it.

As for your entry, I am so happy to count myself as one of your friends here in Texas. Let's get Jared into dental school and you into the house next door and we'll be set!

And Jennie, your family is SO beautiful. I love that picture of Bentli. It's just gorgeous. And I'm stealing Tate. Don't turn your back! He's even more adorable in person.

Bekahboohoo said...

your family is cute. your doing a great job since bentli liked dad the only problem at home is cc i will have to get her out of the picture tell bentli and love them dont worry i still love you (even when your standing next to them) and i cant wait to see you all