Monday, May 7, 2012

Nine months

This next week is a big week.  The kids and I are flying home for my adorable little sister's wedding.  I know that Celeste and Judd will be very happy together and we are excited to welcome him into our big crazy family.  We are so excited to be able to see all our family and just have fun and laugh together.

Mother's Day is this Sunday also.  No, it is not my first Mother's Day.  Yes, I have two living children here to celebrate with me.  But, this is my first Mother's Day as a bereaved parent.  Its giving me anxiety.  Maybe because I have no idea what to expect and it scares me.  I have no idea where my emotions are going to be.  I will be back home on vacation during this big day and Jared will be here in Philly doing rotations.  I want to be able to gather all my kiddos in my arms and squeeze them and kiss them.  It does help that I have two kids here to do that with, but it doesn't take away the part of my heart that aches for Teagan.


 Teagan would have been nine months old on Wednesday.  Nine months... it feels like longer.  I know that first birthday is right around the corner.  I've been thinking about that day a lot lately.  Maybe because our little neighbor boy, Cannon, just had his first birthday.  Cannon's birthday was unexpectedly emotional for me.  It highlighted one more thing I won't be doing with my baby.  However, I hope Teagan's first birthday will still have celebrations.  We will still celebrate her life and the day she became an eternal piece of our family.  I hope to honor her on that day.


We have decided to make LilyWraps to donate to Lankenau Hospital on Teagan's birthday.  I talked with a nurse today and found that they have a need for small blankets.  They do get some donations, but most are too big for the tiniest little angels.  These mothers and fathers deserve to have a pretty blanket to wrap up their angel as they have to do the unspeakable and say good-bye to their child.  I am getting excited for this project and I would love any help or donations for this.  As soon as I get back from my sister's wedding, I will post more about needed materials, directions to make LilyWraps, etc.  I hope we can help some mothers, just a little bit, who have to journey down this difficult road.



Teagan Baby,
Oh, how I miss you.  This separation is so hard.  I often wonder if it would be easier if I knew when it would end or if I could just get updates on how you are doing and what you have been up to.  I wonder what is keeping you busy.  I know you must be busy, cause I don't feel you around as much.  I may be crazy, but sometimes, I just know that you are there.  Sometimes during family time or quiet times at night when the grief can be overwhelming.  I think about you always, constantly.  I love to talk about you with people.  I love to share my perfect baby girl.  I love you and will continue to love you forever and ever!

8 comments:

Alesha said...

Awe and Jenny I love you! How long will you be here? (UT??) I hope it goes well. Sometimes it can be extra hard when holidays hit around their "days."

Unknown said...

Saying a prayer for you for mothers day I know it will be hard....for me also. Have a blessed trip!

Amy said...

My advice: don't go to church on Mother's Day. Yes, you do have other children, but while you're missing your angel, Mother's Day is nothing but a difficult reminder of who's missing.
I didn't go to church on my first Mother's Day after Ella passed away. The Sunday before (I was a primary teacher), the primary decided they wanted to practice singing the Mother's Day song they were going to perform in Sacrament meeting the next week.
I sat there as they sang "mother, I love you" for about ten seconds, then I just couldn't keep it together and had to leave the room. I felt like such an idiot.

In answer to your last comment on my blog, yes baby blessings have gotten easier with another baby coming. But they are sometimes still hard. I hated going to them for a long time. And even though I was pregnant at the time of my niece's recent blessing, it was still very hard on me. It comes and goes in weird, awful waves.
But it does get better.

Love you, sweet Jennie! I hope your trip is full of fun times and happy kids and family and smiles!

Chantel said...

I'll be thinking of you on Mother's Day. Where in Utah will you be? I'd love to meet up with you if time allowed. Keep us posted on the project. I'd love to help where I can!

Ashley said...

Thinking of you always and I for sure what to help out in any way - it's a great idea. i don't think most people realize that preemies or stillbirths are so small. Can't wait to hear the details.

I think of your often...especially since we share Aug 9th...will definitely be thinking about you and your family as that day quickly approaches.

Lora said...

It is a very bittersweet holiday, I agree. I'm sorry that it will be hard, but I'll be here for you too. I can't wait to see more on the blankets, I really want to help, and make some for my local hospitals too. Love you!

brigette said...

MOthers Day is defianetly harder with a angel in heaven... I remember my 1st one I cried and said I wasnt celebrating it anymore. My husband reminded me that I still had 2 children on earth who I needed to celebrate for and that the one in heaven would be sending love from above! I think its such a sweet thing you are doing for the tiny babies at the hospital. You are amazing!! I will be keeping you in my thoughts!! I nominated you for a blog award on my blog. Thanks so much for your love and example!

Amishka said...

I'm glad you'll get to come and visit family and visit Teagan. I too worried about Mothers Day and I still do. Although last year I worried and I was fine. That doesn't every year will be that way though. Good Luck and hopefully you'll have your mom there to put her arm around you and help you make it through the day.
Love you and I hope you have a good vacation.